Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Recipe or horror movie?

In the summer my work hours start at 7 am. My husband is a night owl & my kids are typical teenagers. Summer means going to bed before my entire family, including the dog, and then getting up well before the entire family, including the dog. My intentions to maintain a decent schedule are a mere daydream by mid summer. The family entices me with movies or games or conversation. Rapscallions!

This reluctance to hit the hay means some mornings at my desk can become a slightly sleep-deprived haze. My task yesterday was to make a list of various policies needing additional proofing. So, I jotted my list and set it aside. Done for the day and home I went. At work this morning - I turn on the computer, check e-mails, chat with the ladies a bit and then it's time to go over the list. I spread my paperwork in front of me and scan down the list of policies, e.g. Severe Weather Policy, Travel Policy. About 2/3 through the list I read this: "Missing Student Casserole." I stare at it for a moment wondering if I just can't read my own handwriting, but there's no mistaking it reads "Casserole" instead of "Policy."

Seriously, could you read that and not burst into laughter? Thankfully, my coworkers shared in the joke. However, I think they may have tired of my occasional chuckling as I continued working on the list throughout the morning. At least it kept me awake!

2 comments:

Stinky Junior said...

Sounds delicious!

Staying up late and getting up early, that was a great way to live... when I was 20! I get tired just thinking of all the stuff you do.

Aggie said...

I think it's funnier (& creepier) when you know I wasn't missing the Student Policy. It's actually called the Missing Student Policy (notifying parents and such.) Yesterday, a goofy friend on campus called and said she wouldn't tell anyone about my missing student casserole if I could help with a question. I knew the answer. Whew!