Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Parts "Я" Us

"You need to go on another parts run."  This time it's my son calling and, fortunately, no odd descriptions needed.  "They'll have a sack of parts with Grandpa's name on it."  Alrighty.  "But you could also check to see if the part on back order is in."  I think I spoke too soon.  "We ordered it Saturday and if they have it..."  wait for it... wait for it... "it'll be a square with holes in it and pins sticking out." pause ... laughing...   I reply, "Oh man, you guys really need to be on my end when I get these calls.  Okay, I'll go get it and bring it with supper."


At John Deere, they have the sack ready and it's all good, until I ask for the back ordered part.  Joe (I believe Pete doesn't work evenings) goes in the back, then comes back and asks if I really want the something-or-other (he uses the real name, which I don't remember) because it's nearly 8 feet long (my husband says I heard him wrong) and heavy.  I later discover it's something my husband ordered for the combine header to replace after harvest.  "Well, no, that won't fit in my vehicle.  There should be something the guys ordered Saturday."  


This, but silver with less "pins" and a hole in each side.
They check the computer, find that the mystery part has indeed arrived and bring out another sack.  I look in to discover an over sized metal Lego.  I have no idea what it's for, but, yep, that's it. 

No comments: